Monday, June 18, 2012

Tortie Birthday Tuesday with Chica

My first Christmas.

Welcome back to my 21st Birthday celebration - all week. Today Mom wants me to tell the story of how I escaped, not very long after she found me. I guess I was used to being outside and wanted to get back out even tho I loved my new home.

I would try to get out when Mom and Pop opened the door but they were quick and caught me every time...unitl one day. A neighbor came by to tell Mom something just as it was getting dark. You know how some people stand in the doorway, not in and not out of the house with the door partly open? Well, that is what happened that night. I took the opportunity to go out and scooted as fast as I could out into the dark.

Being a black tortie makes me pretty hard to see at night. Mom just hollered at me to come home and took off after me in her bare feet, afraid that if she took her eyes off me for a second, she would lose me. This was a new place for me so I was stopping alot to smell the smells and listen to the new noises. Mom caught up with me in a neighbor's yard and scooped me up.

Me a few years old and still in FL


"Darn, I was just having some fun." I didn't want to go in yet so I leaped high out of her arms and was on the run again.

Mom was right on my tail running thru people's back yards not caring if they saw us or not! Mom caught me again about three houses down when I stopped to sniff a cool scent on the ground. This time I thought she was gonna squish me for sure. She was holding me so tight and telling me to stay put.

Mom seemed pretty upset so I just stayed quiet until she got back to the house. She gave me a good scolding and lecture about how I would get lost in a new place if I went out like that again.

I never tried to escape that house anymore but did get out a couple more times in our new house in another neighborhood in Florida. I always waited until we had company who were not used to cats. They didn't watch for me and I could just slip out when they went out. But this house had a chain link fence all around and that stopped me every time. I didn't know how to go over it like the neighbor cats did so I just stopped and looked at it and Mom or Pop would scoop me up and bring me back inside.

I guess Mom should have named me Houdini for trying to escape so much! I don't do that anymore - I love being inside with Mom and Pop and all the other cats. We have tasty shrimps today to nom on and feather toys to play with. Stay a bit and have fun. See ya tomorrow.  This is fun celebrating all week like this!



22 comments:

Terri said...

Happy 21st birthday, Chica! You definitely deserve a week long celebration!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

We have never tried to escape outside. Except for Binga a couple of times. And all of us got out once when the back door in the kitchen was left ajar, but we all came back in when my human ordered us to!

Okay, I guess in this case, "never" didn't mean totally never.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Humans find our escaping very scary. The Woman was scared when Gemini almost escaped too.

Old Kitty said...

Beautiful Chica!!! Awwww you kept mum and dad on their toes with your adventures and escapades! Yay!!! Take care
x

Ellen Whyte said...

Happy Birthday! We send you our best purrs - to the best escape artist in town :-)

Katnip Lounge said...

You were merely scoping out the hood! Although we're glad your Mom caught you...what a sight it must have been!

Hannah and Lucy said...

Happy, happy 21st Birthday Chica - in the UK you get the key of the door when you are 21 so there's no stopping your adventures now! We bet they are both fast sprinters though.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Marg said...

Happy Birthday Chica. We sure are glad Mom caught you when you escaped. That must have been so scary for the Mom. Hope you have a great day.

Cat said...

Oh Chica you were a naughty little kitty!!! We're so glad your mum found you every time :-)

meowmeowmans said...

That was some adventure, Chica! Way to give the Mom and Dad a little excitement. :)

Happy birthday, week, sweet friend!

Cathy Keisha said...

Happy 21! You can now drink legally in all 50 states! Those toys look fun. I go to the door with TW but don't try to go out cos there's about 10 dogs on this floor. Our ex-neighbor's cat used to run out and he came visiting a couple of times. We always were polite to each other.

JC said...

Happy Birthday !!!

What a story. My Riley is the escape artist and his nick name is Houdini. He hides on the chairs by the kitchen table. He's a bad baby boy.

Hope you enjoy your week of fun. Sit in the sun and remember those days of being young.

Wow Meow,
JC and The Purr and Fur Gang

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Birthday week you little escape cutie!

Jacqueline said...

Happy Happy Birthday, gorgeous Chica!!...We wish you great health and tremendous joy along with lots of extra cuddles and treats, sweetie!...Thanks for inviting us to your fun party, lovely girl!...You are such a darling and beautiful escape artist too!!...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

CCL Wendy said...

I'm glad your Mom was able to catch you and scoop you up every time you tried to escape, Chica -- or else we probably wouldn't be here celebrating your 21st birthday!

You are so fortunate to have such a devoted Mama who puts her kitties ahead of herself.

Mmmm, shrimps! Gotta love that! Can't wait to see what you've got cooked up for tomorrow.

Katie Isabella said...

Honey you were a lucky lucky girl that your mommy could race after you and that scolding you got was well deserved.

My Tortie Admiral walked out the same way here when she was about 6 months old. She was amazed that she was outside and after a short run around the hiuse, I got her. The traffic out front would have killed my baby. SHE got scolded too. And she never got out again. xxoo Happy Birthday again sweetest gir. Love you.

Katie's Mom

Oui Oui said...

Happy 21th Birthday Chica! What a marvelous age, and we wish you many more happy years. We are glad you weren't too hard to catch, though we bet your mom had a real scare. Our mom is glad we don't look to go out. Those of us who lived by our wits Out There have had enough of it!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh there you are happy purrday little Miss Houdini!!!

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

You are gorgeous and I am glad you are enjoying your birthday week.. HUgs GJ xx

The Island Cats said...

Oh Chica! We think escaping may sound fun and daring, but really it is scary! We're glad your mom found you quickly!

Unknown said...

Chicha! Me was hanging on the edge of my seat! running away is so scarey! Me has done it a few times and wowwie!
Me is glads yous stopped running!
Kisses
Nellie

Laura and Taffeta Rose said...

Shrimps and fevvers, our favorites! What amazing memories, dear Chica (or should we say Houdini). Nice to think about now with no scariness for you or the humans.

Laura & Taffy

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Please Follow Us...new posts don't always show in Google Reader so check in with us often!